Contractor payroll allows fleet admins to pay business contractors and owner operators directly though CloudTrucks.
In this article:
- How can a fleet set up contractor payroll?
- What information will Astra need?
- How can a fleet invite a contractor to payroll?
- How can a contractor set up contractor payroll?
- Does the contractor have to add both a bank account and a debit card?
- Who can I contact if I have a question?
How can a fleet set up contractor payroll?
Only fleet admins can set up contractor payroll for their fleet
1. Navigate to the 'Contractor payroll' tab on the left side navigation bar on the CloudTrucks web app
2. Select 'Get Started'
3. Fill out your business profile via our partner Astra
4. Attach a bank account via our partner Plaid
5. Invite fleet members to set up their contractor profile and link their own accounts
What information will Astra need?
CloudTrucks partners with Astra for fast and secure payments. To set up contractor payroll, you'll need to create an Astra profile and enter your business details.
Aside from creating a profile, Astra will ask you to:
1. Verify your business and business address
2. Verify your account admin and business controller
3. Add beneficial owners if anyone owns 25% or more of your business, and submit!
Why is the "Create payment profile" step still pending even after submitting the information to Astra?
Astra helps us verify businesses. In most cases, this is done instantly. Sometimes, if they are having trouble verifying the business they will email you for more information, such as proof of business documentation. If you are seeing this step still pending, please pay close attention to the email you used to create your Astra profile as that is where they will be reaching out.
How can a fleet invite a contractor to payroll?
In order to invite a contractor to payroll, the contractor must be added as a fleet member to the fleet first. To learn how to add a fleet member to your fleet please follow the steps in this article: How to add fleet members
Once the contractor has been onboarded as a fleet member, they can be added via the contractor payroll tab.
If you're still setting up your contractor payroll
1. Click 'Start' next to 'Add contractors' and follow steps 2 through 4 below
If contractor payroll is already set up
1. Click on 'Contractor payroll' on the left hand side navigation
2. Under Contractor payroll, click on the 'Contractors' tab and hit '+ Add Contractor'
3. Choose the fleet members you'd like to add from the drop down and click 'Add to payroll'
4. Once you've added a fleet member, you'll see a pop up that confirms your contractors are added and will receive an email from CloudTrucks inviting them to get set up in payroll. You'll be able to pay them once they've added their personal information and bank details.
How can a contractor set up contractor payroll?
First a contractor needs to be invited to CloudTrucks Contractor Payroll by their fleet admin. Once they are invited, they can fill out the information needed to set up their payroll account.
They will be asked to:
1. Fill out their personal profile via our partner Astra
2. Attach a destination bank account via our partner Plaid
3. Attach a destination card
Does the contractor have to add both a bank account and a debit card?
Yes they do.
Who can I contact if I have a question?
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.